Sunday, December 5, 2010

Gaya Street Christmas Carnival: 14th-17th Dec 2010

OK, I know..I mentioned in my previous entry that I'd be 'stripping naked' my handbag but I feel that this is something that I am pleased to share with Christians in Sabah or KK people in general. I visited the Sabah Tourism website and I am really happy that a Christmas Carnival in Gaya Street, KK is included in the December event!

Quoting the website:

Gaya Christmas Carnival


Date : 14 - 17 December 2010


"The Star of Great Joy" is the theme of the 2010 celebration that will be held at Gaya Street from 7:00pm to 10:00pm. Organised by the Kota Kinabalu City Hall and the Sabah Council of Churches, the event will include colourful stage performances by various churches, organisations and special invited guests.

Over 170 charity and hawker stalls will be erected along the street, making it an ideal venue to scout for a wide selection of items such as food, inexpensive gifts, festive decorations and handicrafts. The Deputy Chief Minster of Sabah, Datuk Seri Panglima Joseph Pairin Kitingan, is expected to launch the festivity on the first night. 

Further Information

Organiser : Kota Kinabalu City Hall and the Sabah Council of Churches
Telephone : +6088 265816 / 265817
Email Contact : gcc2010@ccc.org.my

So, people..if you don't wanna miss out the carnival or if you're happen to be in town, do check out the carnival and enjoy the carolling performances and the various stalls. I'm pretty sure you'll find something interesting! Some of the previous carnival pictures can be viewed here - mysabah.com: Gaya Street Christmas Carnival (I don't have own picture as this will be the first time that I'd be attending)

'till next post!

Ciao..

5 comments:

  1. wow.... best... but sad this year not going bck hometown... uh huuu... -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. cath, what a pity eh? well, this will be my first too. I mean, celebrating an early Christmas street carnival style :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! If I come, it'll be my first time too.. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mimi, yep. wouldn't miss all the fun! :)

    Annie, bah..kalu kita tebejumpa time tu, lagi siuk heheheeh :)

    ReplyDelete

The Long Absence..

 For 6 years.. I haven't been writing anything.  The last entry that I posted was in October 2016! Damn! That feels like a century ago.....